CBD God Bud (Nepali CBD) by TerrAscend (Haven St.)

Views 2.28k

Doing a CBD God Bud today, also called Nepali CBD by its producer TerrAscend. They gave this offering a number (301), and sell it under their Haven St. brand.

Checking the stats first.

This cannabis was produced in a specialty indoor facility in Ontario, Canada. Packaging date was last year (November 8 2018), and now we’re all here doing the review, an even 200 days later.

Active content on this listing ranges from 3-8% THC and 6-12% CBD. The actual product arrived to me with 5.5% THC and 9.39% CBD, mid-range for both. Total is 14.89% THC + CBD.

The description tells us we can expect ‘citrus’ and ‘pine’ with ‘fresh herbs’ and the ‘mild’ nature of the flower.

Relative terpene graph shows ocimene as the major terpene (53%), surpassing the secondary terpenes (limonene and A/B pinene) by several multiples (16% and 13%, respective).

This terpene composition is interesting. On the Solace Health website, dominant terpenes are shown by package size, and only the 15g package is ocimene dominant, the rest are common pinene dominant.

Contemplate why that might be, while I rip into this package.

Visuals are sub-par on this bud, mostly due to the trim. Shape of the buds are smaller spheres, slightly hybrid like, coming to conical peaks at the tip of each bud.

Tactually, the buds are crispy, but density is good, much force is needed to crush these buds by hand. Morphology of this cultivar may offer some benefit here, but the buds are surprisingly robust.

Grinds to a good mix, there must be some internal moisture content because the grinds are cohesive.

Scent of the flowers greet with a friendly dose of berry— tart, not sweet. Presence is adequate but just barely, this doesn’t command attention.

Flavours flow smooth, the berry notes blend uniform with tarted earth. Depth is thin but dense, it’s chewy where it is present. The exhale is a bit dry with some greener/yellow notes of hay and earth, causing me to wonder if this cultivar is a cannatonic cross.

Pronunciation was standard, my idea of basic. Longevity was decent in the greener notes, the berries fade quickly.

Price for this single gram was $12.99. As far as 1:1 chemotypes go, you could do better easily, but you could do worse. There was good content here, but not anything above the standard set by competing products.

Check out my review of Tweed’s Palm Tree CBD, quality was better but price was more, not sure if there is increased value. Now check my review of Maricann’s Cali-O, quality was better and price was a good 30% cheaper. Check out Solei Balance. Or Up’s Moon. Also, the entire Tantalus range is available cheaper via their prime store, they’re superior for both quality and variety.

Usually we look at the price of this specific offering around the market, but today we’ll look at the average price per gram of CBD dominant flower for each producer by web store. You can hover/tap each bar to show specific listing information.

Nothing overly bad happened, but I find it difficult to derive a selling point for this offering. If you’re looking for 1:1 cannabis, there’s a plethora of cheaper offerings that have more olfactory content to enjoy. Some people may want to try CBD God Bud, the only driver to this offering (that I can see) is the traditional name, which this producer chose to rename. If you are looking for CBD God Bud, I’d say save your money and wait for a better production.

Alright, that’s three now for this producer, TerrAscend. Check back to previous reviews for sweet skunk tastes from an offering they’ve called Hanna Haze and an abysmal Shishkaberry masquerading as a Blueberry Kush.

TerrAscend’s cannabis isn’t terrible, but it is forgettable. Certainly not good, or worth the asking price. And that’s if we ignore their naming strategy, which is misguided, at best.

Thanks for reading my work, see you for the next one.

You don't have permission to register